Ben Edlund and Jeremy Carver, show-runners of the long-running CW show,Supernatural was joined by stars Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester), Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester), Misha Collins (Castiel) and Jim Beaver (Bobby Singer).
The cast and crew revealed some teases for the upcoming season 8.
- The season will pick up with Dean returning from purgatory and what happened during his time there will initially remain a mystery. Flashbacks throughout the season will slowly unravel the mystery.
- Misha Collins and Jim Beaver hinted at the return of their characters – fallen angel, Castiel and vanquished ghost, Bobby Singer.
- Dean’s disappearance will have a profound impact on the brothers’ relationship.
- Sam has a new love interest and this will be the show’s first attempt at sustaining a real romantic relationship.
- In the past, Dean and Sam had an uneasy alliance with Crowley, the King of the Underworld; both sides usually working toward the same goal. Crowley will be a source of conflict for the brothers in the new season.
- Dean and Sam will stay ahead of the conflict this time instead of reacting to some tragic event. Both Crowley and the brothers are searching for a myth based power source that was previously seen.
- The show will be pulling back from heavy themed mythology arcs but there will be one ”overreaching mythological element” that will carry over to other seasons.